Saturday, September 22, 2007

Power failure

The source of all goodness and joy in my world of work and play is having serious technical difficulties. The AC adapter has a short. It always seemed to get hot after an hour or so, of intense concentration on what ever writing project I'd been working on, but today it spit at me. Flares of "fuck off" shot from some exposed wires just past the rectangular adapter, with no power reaching my poor computer. I've used the last of its battery power to pen this fearful note and to order the replacement adapter, which had better arrive on Monday! Tragically this means no Sunday Scribblings entry this weekend however I may figure out how to use this other, less complicated instrument I've found, pen and paper, to write out my entry and post on Monday!! Or maybe Tuesday.

While I wait I've picked up some light reading. "The Age Of Turbulence, Adventures in a New World", by Alan Greenspan.

2 comments:

Beau Brackish said...

I can sympathize. We've had two hard drives and one power chord die on us within just the last six months -- on with relatively new computers.

Hope you are back up and running soon. Thanks for your comment on my site. I am getting it framed and hanging it up in my office. It was a work of art!

Tumblewords: said...

Every time I think things are under control, they blow. Hope you get going quickly - as the 'light reading' of Greenspan's book will wear thin, soon, methinks!