Monday, June 18, 2007

Me


With my baby’s small body snuggled to me,
last night, just before sleep, the house silent
and dark. Wandering through today, days gone,
days to come - dreams, never and forever.

Sixteen is days gone. Getting high with Prince.
Dancing above dark rivers, his moon smile
shines rhythmically to the stars over me.

Sitting atop jagged boulders, moist breeze
of salted spray, the sent of sea, pure -
cleansing, my mind wrapped in a cocoon of
sweet chaos.
The rhythm of the sea, my heart pounding,
surrounded by the open expanse of
sky and sea.
This is freedom. If only I can hold

time. -- My mans study breath, my baby
snuggled next to me safe, his secrets waiting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is still my favorite so far. I feel nostalgic and yearning just reading it. It makes me feel sad, like I lost something beautiful that I never appreciated until years later, when I realized that in my hand was a diamond that I tossed away, thinking it glass. Does that make sense?
F

Hope said...

you are such an angel!